Manaslu Trek Itinerary – 14 days
The trek from Arughat to wherever the jeeps can reach above Besisahar takes around 14 days, but can be done more quickly, or more slowly (better), and with side trips to Tsum Valley, from Syabru Besi or even continuing to Jomsom on the Great Himalaya Trail. Itineraries are totally up to you, but here is something to get started with.
|1||6h (Drive)||KTM -> ArughatMany good lodges here||550||View Manaslu Resort, Hotel Third Step, Hotel Manaslu. Tel: 9741193195 Uday Shrestha|
|2||5h||Arughat – Soti Khola (or Arket), basic lodges||720||Satkar Guest House, Samjhana G.H. & ABC G.H. Tel: 9808571935 Gorkarna Adhikari|
|3||5h||Soti Khola – Machha Khola, good lodges here||930||Tsum Valley Resort, Everest Guest House Tel: 989746037107 Pradip Gurung|
|4||6h||Machha Khola – Jagat, good lodge (25 rooms, 50 pax)||1440||Jagat Guest House.|
|5||6h||Jagat – Deng, good lodge (20 rooms, 40 pax)||1860||Manaslu Trekkers Home.|
|6||6h||Deng – Namrung, reasonable lodges||2560||Thakali hotel, Tharpu Guest House Tel: 994640011 Tsering Bista Lama|
|7||4h||Namrung – Shyala, basic lodge (or Lho, reasonable)||3500||Peak 29 Guest House Tel: 994640014 Kunsang Dorje|
|8||2h||Shyala – Samagaon, good lodges. Optional rest day in Sama – Manaslu Basecamp excursion.||3500||Samagaoun Guest House, Mt. Manaslu Hotel (Tel: 993644005 Bir Bahadur Lama), Norbu Guest House.|
|9||4h||Sama – Samdo, via Manaslu Basecamp, reasonable lodges in Samdo||3800||Hotel Yak
Hotel Twin Tibetan. Tel: 993640005 Kunsang Tsering
|10||4h||Samdo – Larkye Phedi, good lodge now (60 pax)||4460||Larke Rest House|
|11||8h||Larkye Phedi – Bimthang, good lodges||3700||Hotel Pungkar, New Tibetan Guest House (993664542), Bimthang Cottage House|
|12||6h||Bimthang – Tilje, good lodges||2300||Many lodges.Mobile phones working from here|
|13||6h||Tilje – Sirichaur, good lodges||1150||Many lodges.|
|14||6h (Drive)||Sirichaur – Besisahar – KTM|
On this itinerary you can save one day of acclimatisation on either days 8 or 10. And obviously you can add extra days for rest, or make half days to stay in different villages.
- Larkya peak, Panbari, Samdo Himal, Nirekha, Saula, Khayang and other peaks can be climbed.
- Do visit Manaslu basecamp and the Manaslu glacier which is incredible up close.
- Wonder what Tibet is like? You can gaze into Tibet from the border point which is short trek from Samdo.
- Ancient Gompas along the trail. Not big but often frequented by Rinpoches due to the relative accessibility of Nubri Valley.
- From Larkya La you can see four glaciers converging above amazing views to Lamjung Himal and the Annapurnas.
- It sounds cliché, but Manaslu is an authentic, Nepali trekking experience. It really is like the Annapurna Circuit way back when.