Manaslu Trek 12 day itinerary
Some will say 10.5 days is too short for the Manaslu Trek and will recommend 14 days or 18 days with more time for side trips to monasteries and hidden valleys, and soaking up the atmosphere. But it is completely possible, and if you are fit and are short on time, then this will fit well with a 2-week vacation. If you are feeling strong and stay healthy, then spend another rest day in Samdo and cross the pass in one day. This is better in terms of acclimatisation than sleeping high at Larkya Phedi. Make a very early start though. For a slow but determined hiker, it is a 12 hour hike and you have no choice but to finish.
- Kathmandu to Arughat bus drive then trek to Soti Khola
- Soti Khola to Machha Khola
- MachhA Khola to Jagat (checkpoint)
- Jagat to Deng
- Deng to Namrung
- Namrung to Samagaon
- Rest day in Samagaon, trip to Pungyen Gompa or a little way to Manaslu Basecamp / Birendra Tal
- Samagaon to Samdo
- Samdo to Dharmashala (or stay 2 nights in Samdo if fit for the hike to Bimtang in one day)
- Dharmashala to Bimtang
- Bimtang to Dharapani
The 12th day is jeep and bus travel from Dharapani to Kathmandu. This is a long day but possible if local transport works out. Can be better to walk to Tal at the end of day 11 and then hike another 2 hours to Chamje early in the morning. See local advice in Dharapani.